Sometimes I wish my life had a erase/rewind button

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Resistance is Useless

Fished out my copy of Hitch Hiker's Guide to Galaxy the other day and start on the laugh riot again. The fun started even before I started on the book, the introduction itself setting the tone.
Adams recounts how he once while being drunk meets a succession of deaf and dumbs, his sanity saved only by discovering a hotel hosted a deaf and dumb convention! and then things get better.
What I wanted to mention was the Cybernatics corporation. while reading of the emotional computers and doors, i was struck by how Microsoft Office Help wizard almost behaves like one. Knowning the popularity of the book, is it possible that one of the original designers decided a tribute at user and Microsoft expense?

No comments: