Sometimes I wish my life had a erase/rewind button

Monday, July 17, 2006

Conversations with the Abbot

Abbot:Child, u had a drain clog, why?
Monk: Master, I cleaned the water filter.
A: Hola! where did u connect this water filter to?
M: Municipal water supply Master. Comes via the tank we built on top.
A: Hmmm, you know, you should be cleaning it often.
M: I tried master, I tried
A: And why did you not succeed?
M: Master, You need the hands of a child, the strength of 2 oxen, dexterity of an eagle in order to open and clean the bottle. Not to mention some custom size screw driver.
A: We should have the skills of their service guys
M: Master, we are mere philosophers searching for truth, God and everything, while those are Water Filter Technicians
A: You mean the entry barriers are low for us?
M: Master, you know so much more. I'll say these guys find a few folks and design the product accordingly.
A: But their manual must be mentioning what do to to clean?
M: Master, what the manual reveals is substantial, what it does not, is vital.
A: So its all cleaned now?
M: Yes master, its sparkling clean but now doesnt power on.
A: Maybe shd we start making water filters?
M: Master what do I know, I'm a just monkie.

No comments: