Sometimes I wish my life had a erase/rewind button

Thursday, July 20, 2006

The Bird that got away

I miss my Enfield. Just the perfect weather these days to hit the roads. With the rains somewhat slackening and the hills all green, this is the time to get to one of those biking roads around Pune.
I remember year before last, when I'd drive down to Sinhgarh very early in morning riding in the cold weather dressed in Jeans and a simple T. Then lie around in grass on the hill top, reading books and watching the Sun rise, spreading warmth, morning walkers starting to come up. Then have tea and Onion Bhaaji at those stalls in the fort, sometimes Pitala bhakri too.
In fact read most of Papillon, at Sinhgrah like that.
Those were the days *sigh*.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

well we can relive some of that, just give me a call any weekend after 10th August ..

DreamCatcher said...

On a scooty! :(

Anonymous said...

What happened to your Enfield?

DreamCatcher said...

Bro developed an emotional attachment to it. It was cheaper to leave it with him rather than getting a car for him to transfer his affections to.