Sometimes I wish my life had a erase/rewind button

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Potholes, Purpose, Ponderings

Ah another of those firefighting days and am totally pooped by now. Will go home and maybe curl up with Calvin & Hobbes. Weather already is instigating ideas of my being a rain God, and true to form, it has rained heavily in the evening, so the roads will be mucky and driving a chore.
There is this old Indian thought of whatever happens has some purpose. The day before, while biking towards Aundh in late evening, just before CQAE I was wondering what use could these insane, forcing you to stand still in rains, traffic jams could have in life? Suddenly realized that the car ahead will stop, I pumped the brakes. While swerving to avoid any possible bump to the car, realized I'd have fallen into that, deep enought to dent the floor of my poor Activa severely, pothole in this newly repair road, had I not braked.

Wise men- or women- of yore were indeed wise. Even traffic jams have a purpose.

No comments: