Sometimes I wish my life had a erase/rewind button

Monday, July 31, 2006

Hindi Writers, where are you?

Its tough getting Hindi literature in Pune. At best one can get Premchand or Ghalib (Urdu) in CrossRoads or Bookworld but thats about it. I remember, there was very healthy Hindi publishing till atleast my Allahabad days. There was Dharmayud, Saptahik Hindustan and a whole host of writers writing and being published.
Friends tell me there is still decent publishing happening there, but sadly its not all available outside the local region. Its during musings like this that I feel we are wasting IT potential. It would be so easy to have a say Hindi bookselling portal with all those local publishers selling books online. We can even have a community of users discussing, organising meets etc.
Let me float the idea around. Anybody who wanna join?

No comments: