Sometimes I wish my life had a erase/rewind button

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

DTH Dreams Dashed

INSAT 4C was destroyed and with it my dreams of competition in DTH space. I do have DishTV at home, but was hoping that with more players things will become better.
DishTV has been a mixed experience. Picture quality is decent when I get some. Had some trouble a few months back. Spent 2 months chasing them, offering prayers, threats, bribes but Zee has a policy of not replying or else replying with standard queries. So my mail will go like, Hi, my connection.. bought on ... VC number ...., S# .... is not working, look at mail trail for details.
Most of my queries didnt get a reply at all and when I would, the reply would be like - thanks for writing to us. Please reply with your VC # .... S#..... asking me precisely all those details my immediate mail will have. Gaaah!#@#$%^&
Finally one day I decided enough waiting for these guys to be honest wage earners, fiddled with antenna and set myself and it started working. But I believe their later modern and cheaper connections (because Star is launching) have better technologies.
For me, its been a waste of money on DishTV. A hint of cloud in sky and most channels don't come. The software is user unfriendly, channel switch too slow. On good side, picture quality on a bright sunny day, with dish freshly adjusted is pretty good. However if you are planning to get a DTH connection, I suggest wait till our next satellite is up and you have more players to choose from.

No comments: