Sometimes I wish my life had a erase/rewind button

Friday, August 04, 2006

Moon and poets

Just read a news that Moon has a bulge, yes people it has, and its been perplexing all of us for a while. No more, they have found out the reason. Something to do with violence and a 100 million year run.
I wonder how would people on saturn find the night sky, assumming there were people on Saturn and interested in finding the night sky. So they might find a permanent dustRingBow, and some 15 moons all vieying for attention. Poets there would go crazy. Imagine Shelley of earth who said "The moon arose up in the murky east\A white and shapeless mass" saying something like - The moons, Tethys and Calypso, followed by Enceladus and Epimetheus but not Rhea nor Janus, shiny orbs, a few too many and shaped in a dustRingBow- not quite the same ring.
And Saturn kids couldn't play I-Spy-You in dark, with 15 moons, darkness would be a luxury. I shudder to think of plight, of folks in parks. Heck if I were I Saturn kid, I'd hate my geography lessons too. Maybe Golgafrincham's rocket scientists took mercy on the TV Producers and ad executives and crashed it specifically on a planet with 1 moon and only 1 moon.

No comments: