Sometimes I wish my life had a erase/rewind button

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Falling in work is hard on the keys

I'm bored. There is ample work to do. Chores arnd house, stuff at work, friends to be remembered, trips to be made. But there is no enthusiasm. Is this midlife crises? Its been ages since i did anything interesting apart from mixing normal coffee to decaf in the machine (No I'm a firm believer in death before decaf, but once a while one like to bring excitement in colleagues lives too). The long and short of this is that there is nothing exciting to do at the moment.
The rains have started so outdoor parties are off. People do go on treks but walking in slush with water pouring down ur back is hardly my idea of fun. Who likes to sit in wet underwear for heaven's sake? If you want to have fun in rains, do a rain dance, sip some vodka, play volleyball and then get back into house and change into cosy clothes and sip some martini more?
So here am I, evaluating my options. How about hopping over to Delhi on weekend, go to Chandni chowk and have some chat? Then onto Nai Sarak and buy some books. Go over to Cannaught Place and have icecreams.
Or a hop to Lucknow, Malai pan at Ram Asrey, shopping in Chowk for Chikan and Dussehri Mangoes ripened on the tree while still attached to em? Ever had that?
Or run upto those lovely Himalayas? Bathe at Sahastradhara, icecream at Ghantaghar, evening aarti at Har ki paidi?
All this thinking makes me tired. Lemme get some sleep now

No comments: