Sometimes I wish my life had a erase/rewind button

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Innocent Villager and Monk: In conversation

Innocent Villager: O saintly one, tell me my future.
Monk: Why the sudden urge brother?
IV: I was taking a nap in the fields yesterday after lunch. I dreamt that I was digging and I found a pot full of gold buried in ground. It must be God telling me to go and find that treasure. Day dreams are always true. So tell me the future O S 1.
Monk: Get up brother. Future says tomorrow the Sun may rise again
IV: O S 1, tell me will I strike a buried pot when I did my fields tomorrow? Better still tell me where I dig to strike gold?
M: Brother dig the entire field, gold will be everywhere?
IV:How O S 1?
M: Just call me brother, brother? Do as I tell u and you'll get gold.
IV: Yes brother * eyes lit up like a child's on sight of a saucer of ice cream *
M: Take your best plow?
IV: Plow brother? not a spade?
M: Brother a spade does hit deep but you can dig only so much at a time?
IV: * wildly nodding * yes brother let me dig a lot
M: Hitch the plow to your sturdiest bull.
IV: Yup bro, I see light I can overturn the entire field
M: Yes brother, see that you get the tip in the ground at least 6 odd inches. Keep a watch on the thing, if there is an obstruction, immediately take your spade and have a look for a pot.
IV: Thanx bro
M: Wait, God has a wickedly funny sense of humor, many times you'll find stones, dig them out and since you've done that, use it to cement the water lines.
IV: Yup bro
M: Plant roots go deep into soil, grabs the pots and so when u pull them out, u can make out from the root if it was in soil or if it was clutching a pot.
IV: where is the plant if I've dug the field
M:patience brother, whats a few minutes of wait to a lifetime of misery?
IV: Tell me brother how to find this pot
M: Yes so after you have dug up the field, drop a few grains of mustard in the field?
IV: MUSTARD bro!
M: Yup mustard.
IV: * a bit disappointed * as u say bro
M: Then put some water in the field so that the seeds go deep, that ways the roots will be deeper. Then when the plants are a bit big, have a look, weeds are strong indicator of wealth. pull them out completely and check their roots. If no sign of pot wait till the mustard ripes, then harvest and see the seeds. Ever look at a mustard field in bloom? Its like gold strewn over.
IV: :O! Bro, thats months of hard labor. My dream didn't have months of wait in it.
M: Brother, u will get the gold, just after you sell the mustard, buy gold and bury it in the field and dig it up a few minutes later.
IV: Bro u jest!
M: Brother if u take naps during sowing time, the only place god can catch u is in your dreams. What God meant was that the gold in your life will come from tilling the soil. There alas are no shortcuts in life.
IV: Bro so many people have found buried gold so I heard. You just don't want to tell me where to dig.
M: Bro if I knew where all God is buried, why wld I be sitting here?

No comments: