Sometimes I wish my life had a erase/rewind button

Thursday, February 01, 2007

Weather blues

Finally the winter hits home. I've been here in North Carolina enjoying the sunny winters. While i did have to scrap the ice off the ole 4 wheeler once, the weather by and large has been benign. Nice sun, temperature typically around 10C.
Here am I on a bright Sunday talking to a friend in sunny California, the guy grumpy about the cold there and me happily inviting him to enjoy the salubrious winter here. Did I hear someone say God is nice chum to us monkish souls? Lemme tell you God sure does have this mean streak of being jealous.
So I wake up next morning to a very sunny but cold day temperature arnd -6C. From someone who has spent quite a few summers near Equator and in deserts, this is a very ouch situation. The one time I was happy abt this sudden chill was when there was a winter storm warning and work place indicating that it may be closed in case the storm hits, the dude up there decides to stay easy! Gaaah!
They say that tomorrow there may be sleet, icerains or maybe snow with a high of 0C. I doubt if the office will close - if there were possibilities I'll happily trudge to the old church there and light candles- so I'll keep a lookout for weathermen's word. It its aye to the storm, time to get the sun tan out, else I'll hunt up the muffins and jumpers.
To all the folks up north in Canada - enjoy the sun, those in Cali - stock up on wood, the unbelievers - tuck up with nice reading material

Update Feb 1: There is something to what I felt earlier. Its snowing outside - okie only freezing rain at the moment, snow stopped a while ago- and I'm home. Wooo Hooo!. Thank You Thank You. I do not have candles so I guess I'll use the gas burner instead. Sacrifices to the tea God may be in order.

View from the front door
view from window.
Well it doesnt snow much here. Still my first time so Wooo Hooo!

No comments: