Sometimes I wish my life had a erase/rewind button

Friday, June 30, 2006

Kicking and Screaming

Football fever is high as it happens every 4 years. While I normally do not mind these sporting fests, in fact I am known to occasionally raise a beer to two to toast some victory; there is something about this mania, that well sorts of, make me feel something very akin to what I feel when a mosquito persistently buzzes overhead during my sleep.
It not that I hate competitive spirit, far from it. In fact I really love it when the cameras chuck those suicidal guys in the middle and swings to the crowds. It is that motley and colorful crowd that for me symbolizes the ideals of a sporting life. The real Samba is not in the middle of the field, it is in the stands my dear.
Back at work, its 6:30, a time when co-workers swarm over comps like bees over a bouquet. But come this football jamboorie and its more like sorority meeting which knows that I am coming looking for dates. No body in sight. Luckily I aint managing any projects now, but my heart goes out for those valient leads trying to deliver stuff in these trying times.
Ah well, I'd love to talk more but there is match in an hr or so.
BTW any takers for my wager it'll be England kissing the trophie this year?
ciao

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There is another blog by neemhakeem. Anyways this was a signature visit. Mine is myblog-addy (could not think of anything better that day itself). - Addy